Miami Boat Tours- Biscayne Bay Instructional Tours
To help our members enjoy beautiful Biscayne Bay with more confidence and safety we will offer Instructional Bay Tours on certain weekends. The purpose of these fun clinics are to help our members gain "local knowledge", know the highlights of the Bay, get some "insider tips" and understand how to avoid the hazards so that they feel confident about inviting friends and family out for a fun excursion on their own. You don't have to be a member and you are welcome to join in if you just want to ride along.
26' Twin Vee Tour Boat
We usually have an Instructional Bay Tour of the northern part of Biscayne Bay every Sunday morning (meet at 9:30am and return by 12:30). This clinic is meant for our Safe Powerboat Handling Certified members but all are welcome. Those that want instruction should advise the Instructor or you can just go along for the ride. Some instruction-time qualifies toward Twin Engine Certification if you are aboard one of our twin-engine boats and qualifies for the "Local Knowledge" requirement we have for Boat Rentals.
The format is "short and sweet" as follows:
- Meet at Castle Harbor's Marina Desk at 0900 hours and sign in.
- The Instructor will go through a briefing with "trip planning" tips and logistics of the Bay Tour.
- We board the boat(s) and proceed to the northern parts of the Bay that everyone should know about. Stops will be made on the water along the way and the Instructor will brief everyone about fun things to do, interesting sightseeing spots, fuel docks and how to avoid the hazards.
- Some points of interest we may cover are:
- Dinner Key area with waterfront dining options, Grove Key, Viscaya and the sandbar near there for swimming, manatee zones and how to navigate there,
- Miami downtown, Bayside dining options, cruise ship areas, Miami Beach Marina and South Beach, Star Island, Monument Island, navigating around Virginia Key/Miami Seaquarium,
- Key Biscayne "secret" swimming area/sandbar that's never crowded, Key Biscayne's "Nixon Beach" sandbar with all the "action", beautiful Hurricane Hole harbor, No Name Harbor and docking at "Boater's Grill" for dining,
- Cape Florida and the Lighthouse beach, navigating Stiltsville and More.
- We return to Matheson Hammock Park Marina by 12:30pm -1:00pm.
Member price is $150 per person, Non-Members $200. Minimum of four. Please call the desk to reserve a spot. Places are limited. Non-refundable if you can't make it, but it can be applied to a later Bay Tour subject to "space-availability".
Contact Us today for more information and to book your boat tour.